Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Welcome to My Blog!

I am taking the leap into the blog world! I've been a blog stalker hopper for a few years! I am finally tired of just reading. I want to join in on the fun too. I titled my blog this because my last name is really hard to say and I didn't grow up in the town I now live and teach in, so most people call me Mrs. T and I thought it flowed well!

My name is Abbey and I teach fourth grade. I teach in a smaller, rural school. We have two homerooms for each grade level K-5. Our K-12 is all in one connected building, so it is nice we can utilize the high schoolers and their class work. In August, I will be starting my 11th year, all at the same school. I was a sub for one year before that. I first taught third grade for three years before moving to fourth. 

I look forward to sharing ideas, things about me, and what my students love. I can't lie - I am looking forward to some linkie parties too! Thanks for stopping by and helping me take the leap! Talk to you soon. (I'm definitely thinking about getting (buying) a cooler design, so if it changes, that is why! It might be less of a headache for me! Lol. Any suggestions?

Abbey (Mrs. T)

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Abbey! I think you will love it. I see where you have Google +, but I'm not seeing a follower button. It is one of the gadgets you can add to your sidebar. Welcome!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the button right underneath my name in the About Me section on the right? I'm not sure if that's what you mean or not? Thanks for being my first comment! :) I've been following your blog!

      Delete
  2. Abbey,
    Welcome to the blogging world! It is so much fun!

    As for blog design, I would recommend Megan at Bird in Hand Designs. She designed my blog. She's super fast and her prices are very reasonable.

    I also want to suggest that you add the Google Friend Connect button to your sidebar as well as a Bloglovin button. You will get more followers that way. :)(The GFC button can be added from the Layout area of your blog and you can get the Bloglovin button from their site.)

    Glad to meet you in blogland! Nice to find another 4th grade blogger.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip! I added that bloglovin button right away! Is Google Friend Connect different from google plus? I didn't see anything titled that. Thanks for your help and suggestions! I'll always take them! :) I've been a follower of your blog!

      Delete
  3. Hi Abbey! A fellow Iowa blogger - and a new one to! I am so excited to have found your blog! I look forward to following it! I am curious to know what rural Iowa school you teach in. I live with my family in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa. Best wishes to you, Deb
    Crafting Connections


    ReplyDelete